Old age creeps up slowly – unless you’re a computer.
Then it seems to happen overnight. One day you’re logging in normally and jumping right into the action, the next day booting up takes so long you not only have time to make a cup of coffee, you could have run out to the local café for the good stuff.
This is the stage where many people throw their hands in the air and start wishing for a new computer.
Except your computer isn’t broken and doesn’t need replacing, it’s just….slow.
Time-wasting, focus-losing, frustratingly slow.
Like any machine, computers have parts that wear out – particularly if they have moving parts that are in near-constant use.
The hard drive is the #1 cause of speed bottlenecks in most computers.
Traditional hard drives are made up of a stack of round magnetic platters, spinning at up to 7200rpms, while a read/write head on a mechanical arm whizzes back and forth.
Eventually, the platters take longer to spin up, unable to reach full throttle, and the mechanical arm becomes sluggish.
Which leaves you waiting. And waiting…
The new era of hard drives is here with Solid State Drives – and they have no moving parts.
They’re actually a lot like your USB stick that continually takes a beating but still performs perfectly.
Making a simple upgrade to SSD can knock minutes (an eternity) off boot time, as well streamlines regular computer operations with rapid fire functionality. They’re:
- Cool – Don’t generate much heat, which means other components also run more efficiently
- Durable – No moving parts to wear out
- Compact – A little larger and thicker than a credit card
- Long-lasting – You’re actually more likely to replace your entire system before the SSD wears out
- Lightning fast – Data is accessed instantly
- Suitable for all systems– laptops, desktops and even servers
Upgrading your tired hard drive to a super-fast SSD can be done within one day. Give us a call to schedule your upgrade!