This article will show you how to setup email on your iPhone/iPad. You must have your own Apple iPad or iPhone running the latest Apple iOS operating system. For this article “iOS” will refer to the system that runs on your iPhone and iPad interchangeably.
- Open the SETTINGS icon on your iOS device:
- Locate PASSWORDS & ACCOUNTS on the left
side menu, tap on ADD ACCOUNT:
- Next, tap on ADD ACCOUNT on the right side
- Office 365 utilizes Microsoft Exchange, tap on
EXCHANGE on the right side menu:
- In the resulting pop-up box, enter your full
email address in the EMAIL field. Enter Exchange in the DESCRIPTION box and tap
on NEXT on the top right side of the box:
- The account will go through an
auto-configuration process and should complete automatically. If the account does
not auto configure, you will need to contact support.
- Confirm what you want to sync, typically all
options are green. Tap SAVE:
- By default, only the last week of mail is
sync’d to your device. To change this, tap on your Exchange account on the list
of Accounts, tap on “MAIL DAYS TO SYNC” and change it to another value, such as
“NO LIMIT” (**NOTE: If you have a large mailbox this will take
longer to sync!)
- You should now set your Exchange account as
the default for Calendar and Contact entries. This ensures
contacts/appointments you enter will sync to your account. This is OPTIONAL if
you use another service, but recommended! By default, only the last month of
Calendar entries sync, you can change that from the Calendar screen under SYNC.
- That is it! You can press the center home button to exit the settings menu.